Here are the directions to make the Katie’s Kitchen Pasta Bake!
* 28 oz can of whole tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons of basil
* 2 tablespoons of oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
* 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons of garlic
* 10 oz frozen, thawed spinach
* 1 cup dry red wine ( I used apple barn merlot)
* 1.5 cups water
* 1 pound penne pasta
* 5 oz asiago cheese (shredded)
* 5 0z parmesan cheese
* 8oz fontina cheese
* mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and get a 9 x13 pan
2. Dump the can of whole tomatoes in the pan and break the tomatoes into chunks with hands.
3. Add the tomato paste, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic to the pan and mix them all together.
4. Add the thawed spinach to the mixture (make sure you squeeze all the moisture out of the spinach before adding it to the pan).
5. Add the wine and the water and mix it all together.
6. Evenly sprinkle the pasta into the pan
7. Add the shredded asiago cheese, half the parmesan cheese, and cubed fontina cheese and mix it all together.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour
9. Take out of the oven and place slices of mozzarella onto pasta bake and put back into the oven uncovered to bake for 20 min.