We love to cook with wine…and sometimes we even put it in our food! I’m sure you’ve heard of using wine in sauces and savory dishes, but did you know you can put them in dessert, too? Check out a few of our favorite recipes below and learn all about desserts made with wine!
Red Wine Brownies
- 1 box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup Mountain Valley Winery’s Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 8″x8″ baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine wine, oil, and egg. Mix well. Stir in brownie mix. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool completely. Serve with wine.
Recipe thanks to mountainviewvineyard.com
White Wine Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Apple Barn’s Governor Wine (dry white muscadine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.5-oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup Apple Barn’s Governor Wine (dry white muscadine)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Grease a standard-sized bundt pan; set aside
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vegetable oil, wine, and water in a large bowl or stand mixer then mix until well-combined. Add cake and pudding mixes and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan then bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Just before the cake is done, make the icing. Combine wine and powdered sugar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil icing for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat (icing will be thin). When cake is done, remove from the oven and pour the hot icing over the hot cake, leaving the cake in the pan.
- Cool cake completely in the pan then invert onto a plate. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Recipe thanks to southyourmouth.com
Italian Wine Cookies
- 1/2 cup Mountain Valley White Wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (I used corn oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- sugar for coating
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon anise seeds (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl add wine, oil, sugar, salt and baking powder (add anise seeds if using) mix well, gradually add flour, a little at a time, until it all comes together.
- Transfer to a slightly floured flat surface and knead lightly approximately 10 times. Dough will be soft, so don’t work it too much.
- Cut off a little dough at a time, roll into a small chubby rope (about 5 inches (13 centimeters long) and bring ends together to form a circle. Dip in sugar and and place on parchment covered cookie sheets, bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or golden in color.
Recipe thanks to https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/ Check the link our for more ideas on desserts made with wine!