WINE ON SUNDAY!
There was a recent review on Yelp that stated:
“I recently moved to Tennessee and forgot that you can’t buy wine at the grocery store and that liquor stores are closed on Sunday. What’s a person to do . . “
Like the saying goes, “There is an answer for everything!”
The best answer is to visit local wineries that are located in the Great Smoky Mountains. Nearly all of the wineries/ vineyards will be open on Sundays.
The five wineries that are along the Rocky Top Wine Trail all serve and sell delicious Tennessee wines, seven days a week! (Yes, that includes Sundays)
Many are familiar with the wineries as they are the greatest attractions in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Top 3 reasons to visit Tennessee wineries on Sunday
1. Sampling the wines before you buy the wines!
• Each winery will allow you to sample a variety of wines on the list for free. It’s an incredible way to compare wines of different varietals and see which ones you enjoy.
2. Sunday = Fun Day
• Enjoy a glass of wine at the winery and explore the area. Sugarland Cellars, Mill Bridge Winery, and Hillside Winery will allow you to enjoy a glass or two of wine at the location. It’s a great way to walk around and explore the shop. The three wineries also have a great indoor/outdoor area to sit back and just relax.
3. Knowledge Means Everything
• When sampling wines at each location you will have the opportunity to learn a great deal about wines. The staff has incredible knowledge about the wines and interesting facts about them as well.
A few of the wineries along the Rocky Top Wine Trail will also offer free complimentary wine tours of the wine cellar. See where wine is being fermented, tested, and bottled when visiting the Great Smoky Mountains.